As Americans make last minute plans for the upcoming 4th of July weekend, make sure your bar or restaurant is positioning itself to earn their business. Promoting effectively & patriotically can allow your establishment to attract travelers & out-of-towners, as well as local customers that can become regulars.
Here are some simple, yet proven tips to get customers through the door:
1. Patriotic Cocktail Specials: Show your patriotism this weekend by serving tasty & visually appealing cocktails that showcase red, white & blue. There are many recipes out there. To get you started, click here to check out a blog from punchbowl.com that highlights some of the most popular Independence Day drinks.
One of the easiest & most vivid USA themed cocktails is the “4th of July” layered cocktail. This red, white & blue concoction will blend perfectly with patriotic themes & should be an easy mix for your bartenders.
For the 4th of July Layered Cocktail, you’ll need:
- 1/2 Ounce Grenadine
- 1 Ounce Blue Curacao
- 1 1/2 Ounces Chilled Vodka
The video below from the cocktail gurus at http://drinksmadeeasy.com/ will explain the quick and easy steps to create the unique layered look.
2. Use Fireworks To Your Advantage: If your bar or restaurant happens to be lucky enough to be near a popular fireworks show, by all means, use this to your advantage. Fireworks are typically one of the first activities that people associate with celebrating the 4th of July.
If you predict that your location will be an especially popular spot, taking reservations and/or making the fireworks viewing an exclusive offer may be in your best interest.
3. If You’re Not Near A Fireworks Show, Strive To Be The Go-To Before/After Party Spot: Offer promotions that will bring in traffic before & after the fireworks displays. Use social media & all platforms available to launch easy-to-implement promos like:
- Free or Discounted Cover Charge For Wearing Red, White & Blue
- Drink Discounts For Patriotic Cocktails & American-Themed Drinks
- Free Independence Day Treats/Finger Foods
- Live Patriotic Music
With July 4th falling on a Friday this year, crowds should be out and ready to celebrate. Does your bar or restaurant have plans to promote the upcoming weekend? Let us know in the comment area below!
Happy Independence Day!